Delicious Herb Recipes that will make you smile.
Stevia Simple Syrup:
- ¼ cup of dried stevia leaves
- 1 cup of boiling water
Pour the boiling water over the stevia leaves and let steep until cool. Strain the liquid into a mason jar, store in the fridge for up to a month and there you have it, easy simple syrup without all the processed sugar.
- 1 shot of white rum
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 8 fresh mojito mint leaves
- Club soda
Fill a highball glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, add rum, mint, sugar, and lime. Using the back of your spoon, or a cocktail muddler, lightly press on the mint leaves to release their oil until fragrant. Cover and shake. Then pour mixture into glass with ice and enjoy! Garnish with a sprig of mint and a wedge of lime if you are feeling extra fancy that day!
Lemon Verbena Tea:
- ½ cup of Lemon Verbena leaves lightly packed
- 2 cups of water
- ½ tablespoon of stevia simple syrup
Bring two cups of water to almost a boil. Put the lemon verbena leaves into a teapot. Pour the almost boiling water into the teapot and let it steep for 3-5 minutes, depending on how strong you like it. Grab two mugs and split the simple syrup between them. Strain the leaves by pouring out the tea. This is great hot or cold!
Avocado and Fresh Herb Salad
- 2 avocados that are firm but ripe
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro or fresh basil chopped
- 3 green onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 handful of parsley chopped
- A vinaigrette of your choice
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
A perfect summer salad! Combine all of the ingredients and enjoy a refreshing meal.
Lemongrass & Cilantro Dressing
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger or 1 inch piece
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup water
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a food processor combine the cilantro, vinegar, lemongrass, ginger, chili-garlic sauce, salt, and water until almost smooth. You want it to be a little chunky at this point. Add the olive oil and blend for 20 seconds. Do not over blend or the oil can have a bitter taste. Add to any salad or use it as a marinade!
Did you enjoy this article? If so, go ahead and join our
Why join our newsletter community?
Exclusive monthly deals
Latest tips and tricks on gardening
Fun videos on growing gardens
scottsnursery.tv latest episodes
Gift card giveaways
Birthday gift giveaways