The little things you do for your plant early on will allow for longevity and healthy plant life.
Here are 5 tips that will help you while caring for your snake plant.
- Use a good houseplant potting soil versus using garden soil for your snake plant.
- Each week, rotate your plant about a quarter turn so it can receive even light. Snake plants prefer medium light, which is about 10 feet from a west or south window. They can however tolerate both higher and lower light situations.
- Water along the side of the plant versus in the middle so water doesn’t sit inside the leaves at the base of the plant.
- Try and fertilize in the spring to give your snake plant a boost for the year.
- Water the plant when the top two inches of soil is dry. Be careful not to overwater because this will cause your plant to rot out.