The little things you do for your plant early on will allow for longevity and healthy plant life.
Here are 5 tips that will help you while caring for your snake plant.
- Use a good houseplant potting soil versus using garden soil.
- Each week, rotate your plant about a quarter turn so it can receive even light. Snake plants prefer medium light, which is about 10 feet from a west or south window. They can however tolerate both higher and lower light situations.
- Water along the side of the plant versus in the middle so water doesn’t sit inside the leaves at the base of the plant.
- Try and fertilize in the spring to give your plant a boost for the year.
- Water the plant when the top two inches of soil is dry. Be careful not to overwater because this will cause your plant to rot out.
We hope these tips will help you to have fun while taking care of your snake plant. If you want to learn more, please subscribe to scottnurseryscottsnursery.tv or go to link and sign up for our newsletter to stay connected to our learning community.